Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"In silence....



...man can most readily preserve his integrity." So sayeth my fortune cookie. Thank you Hunan Express, for both feeding and advising me.

It's good advice, but not quite as good as the fortune cookie my friend jon got when we were in high school, and if I'm correct, the one he still carries in his wallet today. Jon? It went a little something like this:

"Oh God give me a reason, I'm down on bended knee."

Recognize this? Anyone? I'll give you a hint. Think Boys II Men circa middle school. Ah yes, it's all coming back......it's all...

Fortune cookies are, in general, really awesome. I got one last week from said Hunan Express that told me to "seek advice from an octogenarian." I know (all through my own life experience of course, and certainly not after asking my esteemed colleagues) that this means a person between the ages of 80 and 90. Those guys sure have lived. Yes they have.

I don't know if I posted about this already, but they are interviewing people to fill the front desk portion of my job. That's great because then I can focus on doing the AE (acct. executive) stuff that I'm doing now minus the answering phones, faxing, distributing mail, making coffee, grocery shopping part. *shwew!*

I can't wait! Anyhoot.....I have to call newspaper ad sales people and tell them (AGAIN) to fax us what they're supposed to fax us.

OH!!! And my dear friend Jillian Michaelree who used to by my first apartment roommate just got engaged to my other friend Brian Payton Stimson, III. A joyous occasion is sure to ensue!! Well played, Jillian....well played!



1 comment:

christian said...

okay. speaking of fortune cookies... i got a great one this week... "you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth" ... what? really? that was my fortune.. I ate and ate and ate.. then i ate more.. i had steamed rice, beef and broccoli, noodle stuff, hot and sour soup, an egg roll... all this eating, just to get to the fortune cookie... i break it open.. anticipation of what my fortune might be is growing... and i get that??? Ying's, you did me wrong this time...