Monday, December 12, 2005

H.ow T.o M.ake L.earning

I am on the road to teaching myself html, and boy do I suck at it. Well, I guess I won't be that self depricating, but there is SOOO much to it. These are the things I definitely know how to do:

1. Insert an image into my template. (thanks Photobucket!)
2. Create a link.
3. Make boxes around the title's of my posts, though I can't control the length of the box. (I tried this on Thursday or Friday, but it looked like crap so I changed it back.)
4. Create a bulleted link.

And I'm spent. Actually, finding this html color chart (assuming that it's at all credible) on google images was pretty exciting. I might play around with that if work is slow today. Boy oh sweet, sweet boy I can't wait until I have a computer at home!

I have been seeing so many really cool website layouts lately, and I want to have more than this take-out template (but many thanks Jeffrey Zeldman) that came ready made when I started this blog, although I DID create the section for Reading, Listening and Watching. I can't quite figure out (as is apparent in my last post) how to nicely line up images. All I have are left, center and right options, and that seemingly doesn't mean much. Julie said something about a style editor or something of the like, and maybe I'll have to look into that.

Until then, a left, center and right day to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I feel like you are a quality person who, upon involvement with me, would enrich my life beyond measure for the rest of my respective life.

that is all...

lizzie van halen