Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"..."

"Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours."
C. S. Lewis

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
C.S. Lewis

"In short, Jesus moved the emphasis from God's holiness (exclusive) to God's mercy (inclusive). Instead of the message 'no undesirables allowed' he proclaimed, 'In God's kingdom there are no undesirables.'"
Philip Yancey

"Jesus reserved his hardest words for the hidden sins of hypocrisy, pride, greed and legalism."
Philip Yancey

"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."
C. S. Lewis

"I used to tell my husband that, if he could make me 'understand' something, it would be clear to all the other people in the country."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"What one has to do usually can be done."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards."
Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

Sara Eleta said...

I love them all. C. S. Lewis! Weeeee!