Monday, September 12, 2005

my first step

So today's the big day. I have a blog now. *sigh* I feel a little nervous.... and in turn ridiculous. People blog all the time. I shouldn't be nervous about this. All these questions running through my "hard drive." (that's computer for 'mind') What if no one reads this? What if people DO read this? What if I'm not captivating? What if people don't save my link to their favorites, or for your i-geeks (who I'm soon to join), your bookmark bar! Right, see: ridiculous. I'm not really sure how or where to start.

I'm at work now, I guess that's a good place. I just got this job at TractorBeam, which is an advertising/brand development company in downtown Dallas. I really like it here. I don't have to wear a badge, or a headset, or worry about "system time" or hating my job! Woohoo for not making tally marks on a sheet of paper for every 15 minutes of my shift and slowly marking them off with each passing interval. *throwing up a little in mouth*

For the past few weeks, I've been working on securing a billboard and buying newspaper adspace for Alan Bean, one of the first astronauts in space with Buzz and the gang, and he also happens to be an artist. He uses moondust and pieces from his space suit, et al in his paintings. He's older now.....70s I'm guessing? He and his wife are really cute....at least, they sound like they would be over the phone. *eyes darting nervously around blog box* We have to fax everything to him because unless his wife is there, he can't open our email attachments. Oh, and that reminds me that I need to call the sales rep in Dallas about ordering Tang packets for our press release kits we're sending out. This just in - Tang sales reps in Dallas are NOT good at returning phone calls. Write a letter to your local Kraft distributor.

*fin*

No comments: