Tuesday, December 27, 2005

betwixt and between...

So Christmas is over, and New Year's is just around the [proverbial] bend, and all I can say is that three 4 day work weeks in a row is a-okay with me! 1-2 no day work weeks would be even better, but I'm not complaining. I try to live my life as if the grass is always greener anywhere else. Helps me stay positive. Wait a second..... *squinting*

So this week - Wednesday to be precise - there is to be a ramshackle 5 year reunion for Dr. Ralph H. Poteet High School's graduating class of 2005 at the Iron Cactus in downtown D-town. It should be interesting, for a couple of reasons.

Incidentally, I like orange juice. *will anyone notice that she did not, as one might have supposed, list out the "couple of reasons" the "reunion" should be interesting?*

No, actually I'm looking forward to it. There should be a few people there that I'm really looking forward to seeing and catching up with, combined with the peeps I'm still -tight- with, er.....yo. I'm guessing that there will be about, oh....30 people or so in attendance, made up of those who are either:

-residents of the DFW area
-in town and willing to small talk
-friends of the host/hostess
-wanting to see how poorly *fingers crossed* the lives of their nemeses turned out
-looking to have a good time with some past friends/acquaintances (and by acquaintances I mean Tom Collins)

I personally fall into the a, b, c, and e categories, but to each his own. I always wished I could attend the Class of 1998 and 1999 reunions as well, because I had quite a few friends in those age groups, and I vaguely remember that the thought of my not being able to attend these prospective reunions causing me some mild discontent back in h.s. That's me, always looking to the future, prepared to be dissatisfied. Ha ha. That actually made me laugh out loud.

I'll keep you posted (literally!) on how the reuniting goes.

No comments: