Monday, October 20, 2008

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

I read several blogs, some by my friends and some nationally renowned who I don't know at all. I love that blogs give each person a chance to be who they are without limits, but that isn't what this post is about so I'll cut to the chase.

In all my blog reading I've consistently noticed something that tickles the heck out of me. And this only goes for the nationally renowned type blogs. Blogs that have a serious fan base. "Famous" bloggers will naturally tend to have a particular writing style all their own, clever ways to phrase things, etc. What I always find hilarious is when people comment on their posts and write their comments in the writing style of the blog author. I don't know if it's a desire to relate or to stand out to the author, but I have always found it very endearing. When you really love a blogger and you like their style, if you're going to go so far as to leave a comment of *gasp*, your very own thoughts and feelings, you want to write it to catch their attention. See blogger I love? I write just like you!! Don't you feel like we could be kindred spirits? Want to be friends?

I think it's cute. How's that for a random thought for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of cute overload. (If you have never been there, you need to go there. Now.)

And I LOVE randomness. I don't think I can write like you, though I have picked up a few of your words.