Wednesday, June 10, 2009

happiness


I'm not sure about the intent of this comic, but it struck me as really moving for some reason. Recent family events might be what are prompting me to delving deeper into the philosophical realms of this comic, but I couldn't help but be affected by it.

On one hand, it might be just implying (COMICally) something to the effect of, "Oh happiness is just another checked off box on the scavenger hunt of life?" I don't know.

On the other hand, it made me think of, from the poor cute elderly wife lady's perspective, just how fleeting love/happiness can be in the grand scheme of things. One day it's here, the next it's not. One day a person you care about is here, the next day they aren't. I literally almost started tearing up when I was reading it! Blarg! But it does make me want to go home and hug Kevin for a while.

I have definitely been feeling more emotional the past week or so, so pardon my ridiculous "insight" into this silly comic. I don't really even know why I'm posting this.

FIN.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Becki, are you pregnant?

brownbird brownbird said...

Well I think it's a comic about the extent to which those friends will go for a scavenger hunt.

Is everything ok? Do you need a break from your fabulous friends and your fabulous life to come hang out with the trolls of Denton County??

becki said...

Michael. You are hilarious. OR ARE YOU!?!?!!?!!?

Kerri said...

have you seen up?